[Blindmath] examples of easy HTML documents from markdown.

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Thu Sep 15 21:40:59 UTC 2016

Hello all,

(Apologies for cross-posting)

I've just added a page to my R-Resources site which details how to make quite accessible HTML files from markdown. I use the R markdown format so that I can include R commands and output, but that shouldn't stop non-R users from having a look.

Entering mathematical content in markdown is done via LaTeX and now that screen readers are getting much better at handling math content, the mathjax content in the resulting HTML files is really quite nice to play with.

I'm using JAWS 17 and the latest version of NVDA for testing. If you read the whole (short) page at:
https://r-resources.massey.ac.nz/rmarkdown/
you'll see some comments about screen reader use that I hope are sufficient.

Let me know if there is anything you feel I ought to include on this (or any other) page.

Cheers,
Jonathan