[Blindmath] SQL

Trevor Attenberg tattenberg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 05:39:36 UTC 2017

Hi there.
Thanks again for this old message. I just got back into the business of trying to learn SQL. I wanted to mention that I had a very difficult time trying to download postgres. It seems it does not let you select the Windows option or any operating system option in the pull down menu on the website I used. I downloaded psql separately however. Do I need some entire installer package and such, or is this good enough for a data server--note I have practically no experience with this jazz what so ever. I've had separate difficulties though. It seems when I click on this psql, as well as my sql, which I think I successfully downloaded, what appears to my eyes to be a DOS window briefly opens, then closes after a second or two. Does this issue sound familiar? That's all that happens.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated of course!
Best,
Trevor