[Blindmath] answer about LaTeX to html

Łukasz Grabowski graboluk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 15:22:01 UTC 2017

Hi Russell,

I speak as someone who has tried different approaches to converting
latex to accessible html this year - pandoc is not good for this
purpuse, you should really use latexml if you have a tex file which you
need to convert to an accessible version.

What pandoc is absolutely great for is writing new documents. Also if I
had a blind maths student which I needed to teach to write mathematical
documents, I would go with pandoc.

The point is that pandoc very intelligently restricts what you can do
in a document, allowng to focus on the content, lowering the numberof
typos, etc.. But converting existing latex documents to pandoc (or
should I say "pandoc markdown" to be completely correct) is a pain.

Best,
Łukasz