[Blindmath] Status of JAWS and MyMath Lab compatibility?

Miranda B. knownoflove at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 01:50:45 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Long story short, I took a personal finance class to satisfy my general math
requirement, as it used Microsoft Excel and was accessible with JAWS.
Moreover, at the time, MyMath Lab was not reliable with JAWS, and this is
what my university uses for their math courses. I'm now attempting to use
that course substitution as a prerequisite for a psychology statistics
course, and the chair of my school's psychology department is not wanting to
grant this request, as he says it doesn't fulfill the elementary statistics
needed for the psychology stats course. Yes, I plan to take this up with the
Disability Services office at my university, but I also want to provide the
psychology chair with accurate and up-to-date information as part of my
explanation.

I'm coming to all of you wanting to know the status of JAWS and MyMath Lab
accessibility?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda