[BlindMath] Science division reach its 2017 STEM scholarship goal

John Miller johnmillerphd at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 17:01:34 UTC 2017

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our successful effort to collect donations for a 2017 NFB Science, Technology Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Scholarship.
The STEM scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $3000 to a worthy blind student at the 2017 NFB convention.

We have made significant progress towards raising funds for a 2018 STEM scholarship as well.
I want to let you know that we started the 2017 fundraising effort with $940 in the scholarship fund in July 2016.
At this time we have raised $1565 towards a 2018 STEM scholarship.
I feel confident that working together we can again award the STEM scholarship in 2018.

We know that blind professionals and students are succeeding in biology, chemestry, and natural science.
We know that blind individuals are performing at a high level in mathematics, physics, engineering, and related fields.
Donations came from blind individuals working in these fields, our friends, and our family.
This year one corporate donation came from E.A.S.Y. LLC, www.easytactilegraphics.com<http://www.easytactilegraphics.com>, an organization committed to blind individuals creating technical drawings independently.

I am so grateful to be part of an organization that has a belief in the abilities of blind people and a commitment to helping the next generation of blind students.
I am also so thankful to those who patiently listened to my pitch for the scholarship and then generously made it happen.

Very Best,
John Miller, President
Science and Engineering Division
of the National Federation of the Blind