[BlindMath] 3 Dimensional Graphs

Robin Williams Robin.Williams at atass-sports.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 09:21:26 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a friend who has experimented in such matters, particularly making shapes encountered in topology. The main problem with 3D printing appears to be the expense, as one tends to need larger objects depending on the level of detail. It should be possible to produce something relatively cheaply for standard surfaces, though.
There are R packages available that can readily produce the files needed for 3D printing.

I agree this is worthy of further investigation. Attempting to understand contour plots was certainly one of the most difficult problems I encountered in my undergraduate and postgraduate work.

Bests,
Robin