[BlindMath] 3 Dimensional Graphs

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 23:14:59 UTC 2018

You are correct. I do prefer to listen. However, I still believe that Braille is very important and I'm glad that I know it. There are some things like math and science that I need to be able to read. And if I am writing something long, I will write using a combination of braille and speech. Sometimes I like to get what I have written and read it to myself out loud, and I cannot do that without braille. I actually want to read it to myself instead of having something else read it to me. I can look for grammar and typos a lot easier. Also, if I am doing a speech or a presentation, my notes need to be in braille. I would say that I use both for different purposes and a lot of times I use a mixture of speech and braille. If something is really hard for me to understand, I might understand it better if I read and listen at the same time. Some math equations we're very hard for me to read and I had to have someone repeat the equation to me as I read it at the same time. I couldn't read the braille, that was not the problem. These equations were just so complicated. It is pretty annoying that my phone does not have very good braille support. When I write an email on my phone as I am doing now, it can be harder. The braille screen input on my phone is also hard for me to use. However, if I were reading a novel or even a training manual, I would prefer to listen to it. When I am cooking, I prefer to listen to the recipe and follow the steps as I hear what to do. If I am socializing with someone, I would prefer to talk to them instead of write to them.

Sabra Ewing