[BlindMath] Godel Escher Bach

Ramana Polavarapu sriramana at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 00:48:54 UTC 2018

Dear All:

Here is my solution that sometimes works:
1. Look for the PDF version of the math book that you would like to
read.  My source is b-ok.org.
2. Break the book into 100 page chunks. I use PDFill tools.
3. Use Inftyreader.

Not perfect but better than Bookshare.

Regards,

Ramana

On 4/18/18, Ken Perry via BlindMath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> I hope you and  your TVI / instructors  have put in for a field test with
> one in the next months.  If you haven't you should go to Aph's site and do
> so.  You would be the perfect person we want these in the hands of.  As for
> us saying this has been coming for 10 years, welcome to my world.  I had
> been hoping for a Graphing calculator for 20 years and I was able to be the
> project lead on making a the  Orion TI-84 so sometimes it takes time to get
> things.  There is so much more now than there was 27 years ago when I lost
> my sight so your living in a golden age even if it may not feel like it.
> Just think back to before the braille displays, when I had to scan my own
> books so I could keep up and it took all night to convert 100 pages. We are
> close now with these displays as you saw at CSUN.  Even with the Graphiti
> though there are future steps to make it even better.  As we work on the
> Graphiti there are other companies working on other devices.  WE are at the
> point where the electronic braille displays were when they were first
> starting to come out 27 years ago. I myself wish that Dot View with KGS
> would have stuck with developing their display back in the day but they
> found it I guess cost ineffective to do so.  WE could be so much farther
> along.  We are witnessing and some of us are involved in the birth of a new
> way blind people can view data and you are living it.    I know that
> doesn't
> help you in your current classes and all I can say is you know someone as
> rich as Bill Gates that will drop a big chunk of cash on us we are to the
> point in the industry that there are several technologies that can be made
> into a very impressive Graphic display.  So the equation now is it takes
> longer with less money but with less money the technology is not far away.
> With more money the technology gets closer and gets made faster.  Thanks to
> people like you , Sina, and others  on this list. We who work behind the
> scenes know what is needed it is just getting there. There is nothing but
> time, engineering, and money slowing us down.
>

> Ken

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/sina%40sinabah
>>> r