[BlindMath] Getting ready for Calculus

Olivia Shaw oshaw300 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:52:23 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,
I am a blind college student about to take my first semester of Calculus. In the past, I have written math equations with a braille display using calculator notation in microsoft word. Is this still appropriate for courses like Calculus, or is there a more efficient way? The instructor also has us use mathematica to create graphs and input equations. I know it is accessible with Jaws when inputting equations, but is it accessible when it comes to creating graphs? Also for a graphing calculator, I have the Orion from APH, but is there a graphing calculator that is accessible with Jaws that would allow me to print, email, or cut and paste graphs into documents? Thanks so much for any advice!

 Olivia Shaw