[BlindMath] Need UEB Geometry symbols list

J Acheson listsetal at aol.com
Sun Aug 26 16:49:41 UTC 2018

Greetings!
I have searched and located numerous sources for UEB math symbols, but I have not been able to locate one that meets my current needs. Probably, if I had access to the transcriber lessons I would be able to locate and learn more quickly, but I don’t think you can have access to that unless you are a certified literary transcriber.

I have an advanced student for whom I need to provide transcribed geometry materials. Specifically, what I seek is (1) comprehensive list of the symbols encountered in a geometry course in UEB code in print. (2) A table/chart showing the print equivalence that could be entered to create at least some of the symbols and/or the ASCII code for the UEB symbols. With regard to the ASCII codes, what I have found have not all been accurate. I need the second item on my list so that one of my assistance who does not know braille very well but is able to create some pretty awesome graphics, will be able to enter the text needed on the graphics. She is sometimes using Firebird and sometimes using Tiger software to create the graphics.

Also, if you know of a prepared comprehensive source of mathematical formulas this would also be helpful.

If you can only offer sources that need to be purchased, still, let me know. Feel free to contact me on or off list, but as usual, responding on list may be helpful to many others.

Finally, if any source is available that is accessible with the jars that would be beneficial to me. I am partially sighted and having material accessible through JAWS is often times helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Janet