[BlindMath] request for advice

Zach zm290 at msstate.edu
Thu Dec 13 11:24:45 UTC 2018

Someone else on this list will know better than I do, but I'm fairly
confident that if you do best taking tests in Braille, the university,
regardless of this professor's fears of the exam being leaked to the general
student body, cannot deny you a Braille version. I ran into this issue on
rare occasions during college and my disability services office (DSO) was a
strong advocate for me in this regard. One solution was for the prof to
provide a  make-up-exam or to write a completely new one to be transcribed
by the DSO.  If your DSO is not being helpful in this regard, I recommend
contacting NFB staff for advice.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you think I can be of further help.
(zm290 at msstate.edu)  There's nothing that can  make your college education
better than having a supportive DSO. Conversely there's nothing like a bad
DSO to stress you out.

I hope this helped.

Zac