[BlindMath] Time left on your work

Ken Perry kperry at blinksoft.com
Thu Feb 22 12:56:29 UTC 2018

I have to say I was a Math geek not a science geek when I was in High school
and sighted.  With that said, I did love my Microscope that I got when I was
12 years old though.  I loved to look at things like spider legs and cross
cut sections of this that and the other thing.  Now being 100% blind I was
totally amazed when we put the cross section of an earth worm on the
Microscope with an HDMI camera and fed the output to the graphiti directly.
I could see the vessels on the wall and where the cavity of the stomach was.
It was easy to tell the roundness and the with the different heights there
were different shades / colors represented.  It was a lot like what I
imagine looking at a microscope with a black and white TV would be like.
Before I got the microscope and the sample slides though I had already
downloaded red blood cells from the  a science web sight and you can see the
concave doughnut shape of the blood cells and you can actually count them on
the slide.  It is nothing short of amazing.

If your coming to CSUN this year we will be having that session I mentioned
and we are going to set up sometimes where people can come work with the
graphiti so I hope to see you and others there.

Ken