[BlindMath] Converting docx to Xhtml

Nicholas J 314nick15 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:35:42 UTC 2018

Hello,

I currently get docx files for my textbooks, which I try to convert to xhtml files. I use the MathType publish to math page option in Microsoft word. Sometime I get an error half way through the process that says “An unexpected processing error occurred, please try again. If this continues to occur, try reinstalling MathType. MpProcessEquation2 returned error code -9999”. When this error happens, half of the book’s equations are rendered correctly (except that some when I get to them with Jaws, there is a few seconds pause and jaws says blank) while the other half has no equations that are read at all. When I don’t get the error, an equation is read, but it may be only half of that equation that is read. I have uninstalled and reinstalled MathType, but the error still occurs. How could this be fixed?

Thank you,
Nicholas