[BlindMath] LaTeX Spacing Question

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:42:18 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I am finally taking a serious plunge into LaTeX. About time, I know... I've
found it's not as bad perhaps as I feared, thanks to some great resources
already listed here over the years.

What I do find challenging is spacing, and I'm hoping you can help. How can
I be sure a line isn't too long visually? If there is a specified line
length, how would documents with LaTeX as their source display nicely on
mobile devices?  What's the difference between an in-line equations on their
own line and display equations? In Practical LaTeX there's reference to a
"thin space". How have those of you who are virtually completely blind and
users of LaTeX handled layout? For some reason I thought this would be
easier with a markup language than Microsoft Word, but it would appear I was
mistaken.

Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sarah

Thank you,
Sarah