[BlindMath] Electronic books

Joseph Polizzotto jpolizzotto at htctu.net
Thu May 24 21:54:01 UTC 2018

I have had the opportunity recently to review a few books from Pearson. They
are producing HTML books that contain MathJax rendered MathML for the
mathematical content. The graphics also contain links to extended
descriptions. Albeit the small sample size I reviewed (none were Physics
texts), I was impressed with what I saw and tested with VoiceOver for macOS.

BTW, Pearson has stated a goal to remediate their ebook content completely
by 2020.

Best,

Joseph