[BlindMath] JAWS reading formulas in MathType

Lisa Bovard lisa.bovard at rccc.edu
Thu Nov 1 13:04:00 UTC 2018

Help me out! We have been formatting documents for a student using MathType (Pre-Calc and Astronomy). We have found out that the equations are not reading in JAWS. The solution the student has been given by her TVI is to double-click the formula (JAWS says it is a graphic), select the convert option and convert it to Word. This solves the issue sometimes and other times doesn't read the formula correctly, either.

HELP! I am having no issue wit the formulas reading in NVDA but student is using JAWS.

Lisa D Bovard

Accessibility Services Technician

Rowan-Cabarrus Community College

704-216-3615 (North Campus)

704-216-7254 (South Campus)

"We know that equality of individual ability has never existed and never will, but we do insist that equality of opportunity still must be sought."  - President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official. (NCGS.Ch.132)