[BlindMath] Math class and seasons:

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 23:40:06 UTC 2018

Hi all!
 I ran into this query and I need to pick brains on it. I’m going to school in January to start my environmental science degree. As part of that degree, I have to take a lot of science and math classes. The down side is that math is not my top subject. I have taken a math class in the spring only to be burnt out for the next 3 months. I don’t want to repeat that experience. On top of that, I’m conciddering on attending the NFB National Convention next summer. I can’t just attend the convention while I’m taking a math class or most other classes because the convention is right smack dab in the middle of summer term. I would like to take math in the winter, skip math in the spring and summer but resume it in the fall of next year. But I don’t want to remain ittle either. I also want to either take either one of the single term classes or even something from the science department. I got some feedback today that suggested that I stick to math in the spring but they also suggested that I weigh my options, give Math111 a try and then, go back and concider this again after I’ve had a couple of weeks in Math111. I have to pick brains on this one so that I know the best route to take here. Which one would you take? How would you go about this query? Also, how would you avoid burnout and what route would you take to avoid this burn out? Any ideas you all?

Thank you for taking the time to read this E Mail!
Blessed be!!!
Kendra Schaber,
 Chemeketa Community College,
 350 Org,
Citizen’s Climate Lobby,
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon,
Capitol Chapter,
Salem, Oregon.
 Home email:
Redwing731 at gmail.com
 Chemeketa Community College Email:
 Kschaber at my.Chemeketa.edu
Phone:
971-599-9991
"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear" Author Unknown.
 Sent From My iPhone SE.
 Sent from My Gmail Email.
 Get Outlook Express for IOS.