[BlindMath] Volunteer will make raised line diagrams

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:34:04 UTC 2019

Oh, and you can also use free matter for the blind so that you do not have to pay shipping charges to send these drawings and materials back-and-forth. Your friend could put written descriptions by email with the pictures as well, and could do something like put one dot in the left corner for picture one, and things like that. In the written description, it could say things like, the X axis counts by tens and the Y axis counts by fives. The x-axis is the time in minutes, and the Y axis is the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit. Then, if you did not have access to a reader, you could still use that description to label the picture yourself. Also, they do have stickers with braille in print letters and numbers on them. The person could also make their own labels that they could send it to your friend to put on the picture. Like your friend could send a message saying I need labels that say this, this, and this. You can just get labels like that you used to address an envelope call mom and then you could use a program to print the labels out, and then you could burial on the labels like you could put the sheet in a Brailer or use the slate and stylus or whatever you want it and then delete balls would have the braille and the print already on them. They do make special braille labels as well, but those are extra expensive, and I think if you got the really big labels, those would be fine. You can print the labels with Microsoft. You can just tell it the label number that you had and then it can make a template and it can do it. You would just want to maintain the orientation of the labels when you took it off the printer. Also, if the person was cited at one point, they may be able to read large, raised printed letters. I can't, but a few people might be able to. If the student had a case opened with voc rehab, they could ask for the stickers, or they could get the school to buy them. The school probably will, especially since they know they really should be helping with the graphics themselves. I'm sure you could also find a system where you could pen, sticky tack, or do something so that you would have stickers that you could reuse. I would say use The brown magnets with the letters and numbers and just put the picture on a piece of metal and then put the magnets on, but I don't know if those would actually stay if you sent that in the mmail. Or maybe you could have the Velcro braille letters and numbers, and you could make a picture on a felt surface and then just Velcro them on. The more easy pictures though like the one I described in my previous example probably wouldn't need labeling. You could just read the description it went along with the picture, and then count the number of dots in the left corner to see what picture you were on. Also, tell him to make the drawing big, and only have one per page. Especially if you are using free matter for the blind, you don't have to worry about trying to condense it to save on the shipping. When in doubt, always make it bigger. If someone could read it smaller, then they can still read it if it is bigger, but if someone can't read it when it is smaller, then you still have them covered. Tattoo graphing paper bowls to does exist hello I could not get it when I was in school because it was pretty expensive so we had to print out empty cells on a spreadsheet and my professor just had to put the paper on the board and then make those squares get raised up. You could probably also use string or something else to make the grid or even wire or pipe cleaners. It is good to have different textures so the grade can be a different texture than the picture. Even though I have a really hard time reading these, those are the ones that I could read the best, very big ones with only one per page, the grade, and the different textures. The ones made by a braille embosser were actually the hardest for me to read. I had a blind math tutor who actually made these pictures for me with this board that had spikes on it and rubber bands. Those are actually the ones I could remember and read the best because I could move them around and put them back. It really sucked to because she was all saying I wasn't focusing on the lesson with the rubber bands, but that is the one I remember the best and it was about vectors and it is basically the only thing I actually remember from math. I even remember how to name a vector and everything, but that is literally all I know. I also remember my dinners at the café and what I had, like I mostly had a hamburger and the dark French roast Coffee, and I remember that if you got tea, they would charge you $.75 just to get more hot water, which was ridiculous, but other than the vectors, I can't remember any thing else about the math, which really sucks. I really did try. It wasn't my intention to forget it all, but I just don't know why I couldn't hold onto the information. Hey if I have to spend my time learning it, I might as well hold onto it, but that didn't happen.

Sabra Ewing