[BlindMath] UEB vs. Nemeth

Shelley Mack smackbrl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:06:03 UTC 2019

Susan,

Thanks for posting this. Our DOE has been asking about current information.
I think some states may be in flux, though. I had a TVI from New York
attend one of my summer Nemeth courses who was unsure but thought that
kindergarteners from now on would use UEB technical, thus phasing out
Nemeth eventually. I'm not sure how accurate that is. I also understand
that while Colorado defaults to Nemeth, they currently provide textbooks in
either depending on what is requested, so the north and south parts of the
state tend to use different codes, though I don't know what they do for
state testing. We in Ohio are definitely still using Nemeth, including for
state tests, and to my knowledge have not faced the issue yet of students
moving in who are only familiar with UEB technical.

Thanks,
Shelley Mack