[BlindMath] Any pointers for a former colleague who wants to teach math to blind children?

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 10:55:20 UTC 2020

Hi all,

A former colleague wants to teach math to blind children. I am not sure what
to tell him. He wants to learn how to teach first and then start probably
volunteering. Are there any resources that explain how to teach math to
blind students? He is an engineering graduate and has majored in math so he
knows the subject. I have shown him screen readers and explained about
linear access to information. My experience is that teaching blind students
math is no different from teaching math to  sighted students but you need to
be significantly more descriptive.

Anyone any thoughts?
Pranav