[BlindMath] Accessible PDFs from LaTeX

Bert Van Landeghem b.vanlandeghem at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jul 29 10:24:20 UTC 2020

Dear all,

The content of a LateX document can be read with a braille display and
allows screenreader users to access the mathematical content. However, the
compiled output (such as PDFs) are generally not accessible if no special
attention is given to the issue. We then first think about the formulae
which cannot be read with a braille display, but these PDFs are also not
tagged at least if you use the standard packages. I know that a lot has
happened over the last years in this field, and that several packages are
available to tag PDFs and to make formulae accessible in PDFs and other
output formats. The only problem is that I do not find a comprehensive
overview of the state-of-the-art. Could somebody point me to the most
reliable and comprehensive packages that are available in this field to
date?

Many thanks,

Bert