[BlindMath] Help us recruit for the summer Project INSPIRE courses

Susan Osterhaus osterhauss at tsbvi.edu
Thu May 28 21:05:40 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone,

Although most of the members of this list are not in need of a refresher
course in Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts at the Pre-K or elementary level,
you might know someone who is. I’ve been asked to pass along the following
invitation to all of you to share with anyone you know who might be
eligible and interested. Please share widely!!

To find out more about Project INSPIRE, go to:
https://www.uscupstate.edu/project-inspire

Best wishes,

Susan

I am delighted that we are ready to begin recruiting for the summer Project
INSPIRE courses that will begin on June 22, 2020 and end on July 31, 2020.
Both courses are available at no cost and will be online.

We will be repeating the first course, *Pre-Kindergarten – 1st Grade
Students: Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts and Strategies for Supporting the
Student in Building Math Skills*. In addition, we will be offering *An
Introduction to Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2 to 5 and Strategies
for Supporting Elementary Students in Building Math Skills*.

We are inviting TVIs, paraprofessionals, transcribers, braillists, and
university students preparing to be TVIs to take the course. Please help us
by widely sharing information about the courses.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Tina S. Herzberg, Ph.D.
Professor and Coordinator of Special Education – Visual Impairment Program
USC Upstate; School of Education, Human Performance, and Health; HEC 3039
800 University Way
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Office: 864-503-5572
Fax: 864-503-5574
therzberg at uscupstate.edu

Visit: Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals who
Read Braille
<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.uscupstate.edu%2Fproject-inspire&data=02%7C01%7CTHERZBERG%40USCUPSTATE.EDU%7C1ed02530905f4fbaeb6b08d79c2ee089%7C8cba7b629e8646c69b1b06504a61c72d%7C0%7C0%7C637149597468865526&sdata=7WOq3hZ8cW%2FmZ9Ie7nfgBLLOdvlKvQLk762ybU7WULQ%3D&reserved=0>

[image: cid:image002.jpg at 01D5CDDD.0FD9DBE0]