[BlindMath] Screen reader extension for viewing math content in LaTeX and AsciiMath notations as MathML

Akashdeep Bansal akashdeep.bansal4 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 19:10:27 UTC 2020

Hey Nikita,

I didn't get the utility of the add-on. Can you please more elaborate
on the utility of the add-on? How it is different from the MathJax?

-
Akashdeep

On 9/15/20, Alastair Irving via BlindMath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I see what the problem is.  There's a bug in MathJax 3.1.1 with commands
> followed by a space (\sqrt2 works but \sqrt 2 doesn't). From the Github
> releases page:
>
> "MathJax v3.1.2
>
> Hot fix to correct regression introduced in v3.1.1 that caused control
> sequences followed by spaces to not be recognized."
>
> If you upgrade the addon to use the new version I think my problems will
> all be solved.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Alastair
>

> On 13/09/2020 21:49, Nikita via BlindMath wrote:
>> Hi Alastair.
>> Yes, the extension uses the latest MathJax engine v3.1.1.
>> MathJax is configured for general math and generates formulas as block
>> elements.
>> The following constructions are processed correctly for me:
>> \bf{x}
>> \bar{x}
>> \hat{x}
>> Please write the exact notations that don't work for you.
>> I will try to investigate this problem.
>> Best regards, Nikita.

Thanks and Regards
Akashdeep Bansal
Research Scholar (PhD)
Amar Nath and Shashi Khosla School of Information Technology
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016 INDIA
web: http://www.cse.iitd.ac.in/~akashdeep/
<http://web.iitd.ernet.in/~anz168049/>