[BlindMath] ? about teaching students TeX

Fahlberg, Tim R. (TCH) Tim.Fahlberg at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Wed Sep 16 22:16:04 UTC 2020

Hi all,

?

I am looking for opinions, experiences and resources on teaching students TeX.

Currently, my students write math in plain text in MS Word. This year they will have MathType and MathPlayer on their laptops and many of them will use NVDA (1/3 of them) or JAW (1/6 of them). Since MathType can easily translate TeX into MathML, I am considering teaching them the basics of writing math in TeX so all their work could be read in Nemeth on a braille display.

Thanks for considering this and for investing your time in sharing answers!

Gratefully,

Tim

Tim Fahlberg
Math and Computer Science Teacher
NaviLens Accessibility Project Coordinator
Wisconsin School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1700 W. State St.
Janesville, WI 53546
Phone: 1-608-628-5858 - Cell
Email: tim.fahlberg at wcbvi.k12.wi.us