[BlindMath] TeX Hour: Obstacles to accessible TeX: Thur 12 Aug 6:30 to 7:30pm UK time

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 15:37:34 UTC 2021

Hi

At the TeX Conference last weekend there were 8 talks that focussed on
accessibility. I think that's a record. The subject of the TeX Hour this
Thursday is "Obstacles to Accessible TeX". This includes technical, social
and human problems. Sharing experience and a fair partnership between blind
and sighted are crucial for avoiding and removing obstacles.

One of the talks is a 30 minute conversation between Jonathan Godfrey and
Jana Schroeder,  both of whom are blind. I had the honor of facilitating
this conversation.  Even if you don't go to the TeX Hour, I think it's well
worth listening to. It's available at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNLJwjKg7EM

Here are the TeX Hour details: