[BlindMath] MathType Error 53

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Thu Dec 2 17:21:43 UTC 2021

Folks,

To process math in word and on the web with NVDA, it is suggested that you load MathPlayer and MathType.  Lately, I have been getting the following error from MathType:
"Run-time error '53': File not found: MathPage.WLL".

This error is discussed at
"https://docs.wiris.com/en/mathtype/office_tools/support_notices/mathpage_wll#:~:text=Note%3A%20Sometimes%20this%20issue%20happens,Please%20note%20your%20MathType%20version.

I have tried the solutions discussed on this web page.  The only thing that stops the error is to unload MathType, and due an online repair for Office. I am using office 365 and NVDA 2021.2 and Windows 10 latest release. If I bring MathType back, the error returns within a day.

Is there another way to get math in word and on the web from NVDA?

Has anyone successfully delt with this error?

Thank you for your attention.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838