[BlindMath] How good is Adobe Acrobat's conversion of PDF to HTML?

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 17:37:03 UTC 2021

Hi

> Kellee asked particularly about *Fundamentals of Aerodynamics, Sixth
Edition,* by John D. Anderson, Jr.  The PDF of this book is available on
the web, and Adobe Acrobat appears able to convert it into HTML (the
resulting file is 9MB in size, with 3621 support files totalling 25,8MB).
I have no way of knowing whether the HTML would be accessible to Kellee's
student, but I would be more than happy to make the HTML available to her
if she were interested.

I'm grateful to Phil for making this effort. Is there anyone on this list
willing to look at this HTML and to express an opinion? I'll then forward
the response to TeX developers.

If the HTML is good, we have a result. If the HTML is bad then we have test
data for an accessibility checker.

best wishes

Jonathan