[BlindMath] Understanding spoken mathematical output

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 00:09:20 UTC 2022

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the firefox suggestion.
<snip you get to the "Speech Style" combo box. Use the down and up arrow
keys to select from 3 different possible styles of speech.
  6.  After confirming the speech style you want is selected, tab down to
the "Apply" button and press enter
  7.  NVDA responds "unavailable" at this point because the apply button
gets grayed out after the setting change has been made.

PL] I do not see a speech style combo box. I do however have a radio button
which allows me to select if I want to generate speech for blindness, low
vision or learning disabilities. I can then choose how much speech I want in
which case I have chosen full.

There are other controls on that tab which allow me to specify how I want
chemical formulas to be handled.

As of now, I have been able to navigate the equation term by term  which is
making a lot more sense. The zoom feature is really helpful.

Pranav