[BlindMath] Bayes' Theorem

pranav.lal at gmail.com pranav.lal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 02:20:20 UTC 2022

Dear Jonathan,

Your explanation is just what I was looking for.

One request:
The probability of a random person being infected and testing positive is
whereas the probability of a random person being clear and still testing
positive is  .
The probability that the random person (who has now tested positive)
actually is infected is 0.01998 divided by the total probability that they
were positive (0.01998+0.0294) is therefore

How are we getting the total probability of the person being positive?
Could you put the equation into words and then put in the numbers?

This is the sort of challenge I have run into with many textbooks where I do
not remember where the previous numbers came from so need a refresher of the
formula in words.

May be this is just me.

If I am confusing you, let me know. This is easier to explain with real time
audio communication.
Pranav