[BlindMath] Accessibility and ease of use

Brian Dunn bd at bdtechconcepts.com
Fri Mar 18 03:07:13 UTC 2022

On Thu, 17 Mar 2022 20:32:58 +0000
Jonathan Fine via BlindMath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> On the tex-live list, Brian noted that a vanilla install followed by an
> install of tex-live results in a missing Perl module error.
>
> Again on the tex-live list Norbert Preining replied that on Unix "It is the
> user's responsibility to provide a working perl, and necessary modules for
> the programs one uses."
>
> Requiring the manual installation of a Perl module is an obstruction to the
> easy use of the LaTeX to HTML tools provided by Brian and others. The
> domain expert Jonathan Godfrey recommends that we remove such obstructions.
>
> I think discussion of this question is best held on the tex-live list.

To clarify, the Perl issue was related to a program called "ctanify" which
is used to submit new packages to CTAN.  It was not an issue with Lwarp
itself, but rather with submitting the new version of Lwarp to CTAN.

Of course, there are plenty of other issues worthy of discussion related to
blindmath.

Brian