[BlindMath] Latest version of MathType with the MathCAT NVDA addon

Neil Soiffer soiffer at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 17 00:44:41 UTC 2023

A correction to my previous message about the Advanced settings to get math
to work: the version of MS Word you are using also matters. I'm told that
from Office 2019 on,  you must set "Use UI Automation to access Microsoft
Word document controls" to "Never" for MathType math to work.

Traci: MathPlayer, MathCAT, and Access8Math are all called via the same
code in NVDA. If one works with MathType with some given NVDA
settings/version of Word, the others will work. If one doesn't work (e.g.,
announces "graphic"), then the others won't work because they never get
called.

Neil Soiffer