[BlindMath] Entering Math in word

Aqil Sajjad aqilsajjad at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:20:01 UTC 2023

So apparently office 365 has a feature that allows entering math in LaTex in
word without requiring any additional plug in. I was playing with that to
see if it generates accessible equations. It kind of works in that the Greek
letters are coming through. But then it's also doing some weird things. For
example when I enter a square root with \sqrt{}, it reads the square root
sign and the closing of the square root sign, but also has curly brackets,
which should have just been part of specifying the opening and closing of
the square root. Has anyone played with entering LaTex in word? What's the
simplest way to enter equations in word or MathML by inserting LaTex
commands?