[BlindMath] Fwd: Inquiry on accessible precollege and college math tutorials

Saman Aghajani s.alovver at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 06:18:35 UTC 2024

Dear Faraz,
  I myself am not a math expert, but as a hobby I try to pursue the
learning.  A few resources that have came quite handy for me are as
follows.  These are definitely mentioned on the list already before.  I'd
be happy if someone could introduce other resources they think better
suitable:

I.  Paul's online math notes: quite a nice set of free lectures that
professor Paul Lamar kindly shared freely on the internet.  The equations
are usually displayed as mathML, but one can easily convert them into LaTex
directly feeding the pages into Pandoc.  These notes are Algebra review and
they have quite few problems to solve, solutions included.  The calculous
I, II and III materials are also covered.  There's a section at the top of
the page to switch between notes that is self-explanetory:

https://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/Alg/Alg.aspx

II. OpenStax books: These are also great.  They have two books for
Pre-Calculous and College Algebra, as well as  calculous:

https://openstax.org/books/precalculus-2e/pages/1-introduction-to-functions

https://openstax.org/books/college-algebra-2e/pages/1-introduction-to-prerequisites

https://openstax.org/subjects/math

HTH