[BlindMath] Mathpix help with a textbook from Bookshare

Jason J.G. White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed May 22 11:23:50 UTC 2024

On 22/5/24 03:47, Robin Williams via BlindMath wrote:
> I am trying to help a friend create as accessible a copy of a textbook
> as possible, using a PDF from Bookshare. The PDF seems to be a standard
> untagged file, one can read the text but as usual the maths is no use.

Untagged PDF is a terrible starting point for creating an accessible
document.

Can you try harder to obtain a copy of the book in a better format?
Bookshare resources are usually in EPUB, for example, which would be
better, even if the mathematical notation isn't very accessible.

You may need to contact the publisher, as they probably have it in a
format that you can more readily convert.