[BlindResearch] Help with a question

Haegele, Justin A. jhaegele at odu.edu
Sat Jun 2 19:41:22 UTC 2018

Hello Danielle,

As far as academic writing is concerned, it very much will depend on your field of study. If you are a social scientist, you may be able to exercise a number of different options with the language that you use. Conversely, if you are publishing in medical fields they all tend to have particular lexicons that you might use. Regarding language, I have attached a PDF that I tend to reference when discussing language in the field of adapted physical activity.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend,

Justin A. Haegele, PhD, CAPE

Assistant Professor

Health & Physical Education

Department of Human Movement Sciences