[BlindResearch] Glad to have been invited to join the list

Marina Bedny marina.bedny at jhu.edu
Sun May 27 20:26:19 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

Getting nice notes from people and realizing I didn’t send any information about our research in my email. We are cognitive neuroscience laboratory at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. We conduct research on how life-time experience shapes the human mind and brain. A key direction of research compares cognition and brain function in people with different visual histories. We are interested in the plasticity of the brain. What new functions are supported by the so called “visual” parts of the brain in people who are born without sight?  What perceptual and cognitive enhancements are observed in blindness and why? We also study the neural and cognitive basis of conceptual knowledge among individuals who are blind and those who are sighted.

Look forward to hearing more from people on this list.

Marina

Marina Bedny
Assistant Professor
Psychological & Brain Sciences Department
Johns Hopkins University
http://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/bedny-lab/
mbedny1 at jhu.edu<mailto:mbedny1 at jhu.edu>