[BlindResearch] FW: SciAccess: The Science Accessibility Conference

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Fri Feb 15 19:49:43 UTC 2019

FYI, for those who may be interested.

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
(410) 659-9314 x 2221
National Federation of the Blind

From: Hammad Faesol, Hariz<mailto:hammadfaesol.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:52 PM
To: office at nfbny.org<mailto:office at nfbny.org>
Subject: SciAccess: The Science Accessibility Conference

Dear National Federation of the Blind of New York State,

Hello, my name is Hariz Faesol and I am a Program Assistant for an event called SciAccess: The Science Accessibility Conference. This conference is dedicated to promoting disability inclusion and diversity in science and the STEAM fields. SciAccess is taking place on June 28 and 29 at The Ohio State University. I am reaching out to your organization to see if anyone from your network may be interested in joining the Conference Advisory Board or would like to become a SciAccess speaker. Presentation proposals are due March 25 and can be submitted here<https://www.sciaccess.org/submit-proposal/>.

Would you be able to help us spread the word about this event by sharing the attached flyer? I have also included a conference description below. Our SciAccess Facebook event can be found here<https://www.facebook.com/events/920066694865854/> and our conference website is sciaccess.org<https://www.sciaccess.org/>.

We would love to connect with your organization and talk about possible ways to maximize the impact of this event. Should you want to learn more or have any questions, please feel free to contact me at this email or by phone at (614) 849-5838. Thank you very much for your time and help!

Best regards,
Hariz Faesol
The Ohio State University
SciAccess Program Assistant

[cid:C0E5336CC5A94D439E1ABEC1DBBB327D at CarlPC]

Are you interested in science or disability inclusion? Do you want to connect with a global network of professionals who are passionate about improving access to STEAM education?

Then register today for
<https://www.sciaccess.org/>

SciAccess: The Science Accessibility Conference! <https://www.sciaccess.org/>

SciAccess is an international conference that will explore the ways in which science and STEAM can be made more accessible for all. SciAccess will be taking place on June 28 and 29, 2019, at The Ohio State University. It is being hosted in collaboration with Astronomers Without Borders. Registration is now open until April 25, 2019.<https://www.sciaccess.org/register/> A select number of SciAccess scholarships will be provided in order to offset expenses.

The conference will feature keynote speakers Dr. Temple Grandin, renowned autism advocate, and Anousheh Ansari, the first female private space explorer. Have an idea or experience that you wish to share? Then apply to be a SciAccess speaker by March 25, 2019!<https://www.sciaccess.org/submit-proposal/> Please see the attached flyer for more details, or visit SciAccess.org<https://www.sciaccess.org/>!

Are you interested in volunteering or joining the SciAccess Conference Committee contact Conference Director Anna Voelker at SciAccess2019 at gmail.com<mailto:sciaccess2019 at gmail.com>. To stay updated, join the SciAccess Facebook Event.<https://www.facebook.com/events/920066694865854/> Please share with your networks to help spread the word about this event!

Disclaimer