[BlindRUG] Using R from Eclipse

Voica Gavrilut voica.gavrilut at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:57:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As Jonathan already anounced I started to take a more careful glance
on the R package igraph. Trying to work a little bit on the reporting
of the plotting function and having to deal with a git repository I
decided to give a chance to the R plugin for eclipse. It started as a
game but in the end was rather a chalenge to make all tools to work
together. Therefore, rather than an installation guide, this post want
to be more a list   of tricky points during the installation process.
-	Add the Repository address, e.g.,
http://download.walware.de/eclipse-4.4 for Eclipse Luna, on the
Eclipse’s “Install new software wizard”.
-	From the R console or terminal use the command
<install.packages(c("rj", "rj.gd"),
repos="http://download.walware.de/rj-2.0")> to install the rj R
package.
 Finally, following the installation guide from
http://www.walware.de/goto/statet, the page of StatET developer I got
my system: Windows 7 on 64 bites, Eclipse 4.4 (Luna) and  R 3.2.0 to
work together with StatET 3.4.2.
Without being an expert, but liking to search for configurations in
order to make applications to work together I can give a try on
helping other nubs on eclipse/StatET.

All best
--
G.Voica