[BlindRUG] Introductions

Siddhi Desai siddhi.desai14 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 12:17:52 UTC 2015

Hi
I am Siddhi Desai. I have done my master's in Economics. I would like
to do Ph.D. in Public Policy soon. I have had a little experience with
R. I would like to learn more about it to enhance my research skills
in future.

Sincerely
Siddhi

On 05/02/2015, Ensor, Tyler via BlindRUG <blindrug at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> My name is Tyler Ensor and I'm a master's student in cognitive
> psychology at Memorial University in St. John's Newfoundland, Canada.
> My goal is to get a PhD in cognitive science and, hopefully,
> eventually get a job in academia. To date, I have essentially no
> experience with R; in psychology, SPSS is the preferred statistical
> software. However, SPSS is not very accessible and, in doing my own
> research, I hope to use R instead.
> Tyler
>
> On 2/5/15, Géssica Michelle dos Santos Pereira <blindrug at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I work at a research institute in Brazil and I'm taking my master
>> degree in Electrical Engineering.
>> Although I haven't got absolutely any experience in R, I hope to get
>> some material here to improve my knowledge about Statistics.
>> Well, it isn't the ideal, but it's a beginning.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Gessica

>> <blindrug at nfbnet.org>:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Thank you all for joining the BlindRUG. I look forward to getting to know
>>> how each of you is using R so that I can learn from you and improve my
>>> use
>>> of R. I certainly don't profess to know everything about R and the many
>>> ways
>>> anyone will use it, but I do think I've got a pretty good handle on how
>>> blind users can use it.
>>>
>>> I'd like those of you who feel inclined to let the rest of us know who
>>> you
>>> are and how much you use R, or want to use R in the future. As list
>>> moderator I can see who is on the list. I know some list members aren't
>>> blind but do have an interest in how blind users will fare. Welcome to
>>> you
>>> too. Finally before I share my R history, please do feel free to let
>>> anyone
>>> else you know that is using R know about the BlindRUG. The more the
>>> merrier.
>>>

>>> I work at Massey University in New Zealand as a Senior Lecturer in
>>> Statistics. To my knowledge, there is only one other blind lecturer in
>>> statistics (Theodor Loots from Pretoria) and I think it's time this