[BlindRUG] Computational Finance with R

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Thu Apr 21 07:38:07 UTC 2016

Hi Niels,

No one else has answered your question and I'm not going to offer much hope either really.

There are a lot of add-on packages available that deal with computational finance but I suspect it will be quite difficult to find the ones that deal with everything you mentioned.

You may find that another tool or set of tools may be needed to do all the tasks you want for this course. It might be easier to handle differential calculus using more mathematical software for example.

No matter which software you choose to use, I would highly recommend discussing your needs with the course teaching staff before you spend too much energy on the wrong options.

I don't know the scilab software you mentioned. Have you investigated its accessibility thoroughly? The first question I would ask is whether it can be run from the command line.

Jonathan