[BlindRUG] R Studio accessibility

Williams, Robin R.M.Williams at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Mar 13 20:05:38 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I agree with Liz's comments below. Personally I have little interest in using R Studio and doubt it would be of much juse to me, although having said that I haven't spent much time looking in to the exact feature set and so perhaps I'm being too quick to judge. It does sound as though it might be useful to those who are less strong in statistical areas though, and with the dubious accessibility of SPSS (and other packages), it would certainly be nice if there was one piece of software that worked out of the box.

For what it's worth, my preferred solution for using R is to use Emacs under Windows with Emacs Speaks Statistics. I like not having to work around the R GUI or R Terminal accessibility issues, and also enjoy being able to source code straight from one buffer in to my R session. The idea of writing a more detailed blog post is a good one, I've recently acquired a blog and so I'll look in to doing this in due course.

Cheers
Robin