[BlindRUG] Switching from Doing with Eyesight to Doing Without

Nicholas J 314nick15 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:43:50 UTC 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your answer Dr. Godfrey. All your answers and all the answers
I have been getting on all the lists have been great and I think they will
be very helpful. I have been working on learning Jaws for a bit now and
have seen its helpfulness and I am going to start on Braille very soon. I
use r everyday and have wanted to start using the rterm a bit, but had a
few questions. Is the rterm like the Rconsole in Rstudio where code is
typed and executed line by line? I right now use the Rscript window a lot
in Rstudio where I can type all my code and execute however much of it I
want. Will I need to start getting used to doing it line by line instead of
all at once? How does one then go and fix errors in prior lines of code in
the terminal if it is a very long program that may need fixing early on in
the code, but will need a lot of code after it to be run? Are there any
good things to do or resources on the internet to help practice all that I
am learning with all this new technology? The technology gives me hope to
help my situation, but it's starting to get a bit daunting on how I will be
able to get a good grasp on everything and all the notation I will need to
read and write.

Thank you,
Nicholas