[BlindRUG] latest in interactive exploration of graphs

JooYoung Seo jooyoung at psu.edu
Wed May 3 06:41:23 UTC 2017

  Awesome Dr. Godfrey!

  Before everything else, I would like to thank you for your hard work on
this groundbreaking function.

 I have tested MakeAccessibleSVG() function on my system and found the
following issues:

1.       When the result HTML file is populated in Firefox, the size of
graphic object is not fully displayed. This issue does not occur in Chrome.

2.       The function does not allow me to feed graphic argument using
variable; it only permits direct input. Please refer to the below:

##--example code starts here--

> data<-hist(airquality$Ozone)

> BrailleR::MakeAccessibleSVG(data)

Error in grid.echo.default() : No graphics device

##Example code ends here

3.       The function does not return HTML results for boxplot, but just R
graphic object.

##Example code

> BrailleR::MakeAccessibleSVG(boxplot(airquality$Ozone))

Error in as.hexmode(strsplit(lty, "")[[1]]) :

'x' cannot be coerced to class "hexmode"

##Code ends here

  Personally, I hope we could implement sonification in conjunction with the
current structured keyboard navigation like SAS Graphic Accelerator does.

  Thank you so much again.

  Sincerely,

  JY

       JooYoung Seo