[BlindRUG] Latex and Rmarkdown

Jooyoung jooyoung at psu.edu
Wed Sep 13 21:06:03 UTC 2017

Hi Nicholas,

Glad to hear that you have succeeded.

FYI, LaTeX output in PDF by its nature does not offer a screen
reader-friendly accessibility.

That's not the matter of which screen reader you employ.

The best practice when it comes to Math output accessibility is using
MathML.

Try to render your Rmd source into an HTML output. You may want to install
Math Player plug-in if you are using NVDA. JAWS relies on MathJax so you
won't have to install any additional components if you are using JAWS.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

JY