[BlindRUG] How about making WriteR editor Windows executable (*.exe) file?

Jooyoung jooyoung at psu.edu
Mon Jan 22 15:51:44 UTC 2018

Dear Dr. Godfrey,

I hope this email finds you well.

I was wondering if there would be any way we could make "WriteR" editor
written by Python 2.x wxPython into a Windows' executable file using
"py2exe" library. The tutorial can be found at
http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial

The reason why I propose this request is that it is hard to have WriteR
editor as a default editor in R without making it Windows executable file.

If we can have WriteR as an exe file, we could make the WriteR as a default
editor using the following line:

options(editor = "C:/{path}/WriteR.exe")

For now, I am using Notepad PlusPlus as my default editor in R console so
that any file.edit() function can import my target file in NPP.

Please consider this request.

Sincerely,

JooYoung