[BlindRUG] Emacs, R and Windows 10

Robin Williams Robin.Williams at atass-sports.co.uk
Sun Oct 13 12:07:58 UTC 2019

Hi,

Does anyone else use Emacs Speaks Statistics within Emacs for R as their primary working environment? Since upgrading to Windows 10, I have noticed a drop off in accessibility. I am using the latest version of JAWS 2019. Often I need to refresh the virtual screen (JAWS Key + escape), and on several occasions the session has completely locked on me, forcing me to restart my R session.
When trying to work remotely today, my experience has been almost unusable. This is in contrast to my previous experience under Windows 7. It's still perfectly manageable when working directly at my PC, but drops in accessibility make me nervous, and think that I should start looking for alternative solutions.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Robin