[BlindRUG] [EXTERNAL EMAIL] Re: Greetings from RStudio

Liz Hare doggene at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 13 14:09:04 UTC 2020

Hi Ahmed,

I've been using R on a Mac for about six years.

I work in Terminal, in the Emacs editor.

There's screen reading software specifically for Emacs called Emacspeak that you can install on Mac:
http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net

Emacs and emacspeak have steep learning curves but they are powerful.

I use ESS (Emacs Speaks Statistics) to help Emacs interact with R. You can have your R code in one buffer and the output in another buffer and easily switch buffers to read your output.
https://ess.r-project.org/index.php?Section=download

Liz