[BlindRUG] Mattermost Accessibility

Liz Hare doggene at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 28 19:57:55 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm working on diversity and accessibility with the organizers of UseR! 2021.

They're looking at an environment called Mattermost that is a little bit like Slack for interaction throughout the conference.

Has anyone here tried it? Do you have comments about accessibility?

I've only been able to try the browser version on Mac (Safari and Chrome) and it has some issues. I'm looking forward to getting instructions on how to connect through the app to see if, like Slack, it works better on iOS.

I'd love to hear any comments and if anyone is willing to try it out, I can get you an invitation. I'd particularly like to get someone to look at it on Windows and Android since I don't have those.

Thanks!
Liz

Liz Hare, PhD
Dog Genetics LLC