[BlindRUG] R and crypto currency trading.

faiz rasool faiz7r at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:21:55 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,
Couple of months ago I started to explore crypto currency trading. One
of the first challenges I came across was how can I access charts of
crypto currency prices and trade volume.
I found the binancer package which solved few of the issues I was
facing. This package allowed me access to the order book on the
Binance exchange and it also allows me to retrieve candle stick charts
from the Binance exchange. I am using the write.CSV function to read
candle stick charts and order book in MS excel.
There are two problems I am still facing however and I was wondering
that does someone know of possible solutions.
Sighted analysts when commenting on crypto currency charts use terms
like falling wedge and refer to triangles.
I have not found any method (I do not even know that any method exist
or not) of accessing charts using R in a way that   I can find that
whether a triangle is forming on a chart or not.
So the first issue I seek a solution of is to how to identify trend
lines in charts.
The second issue is that in trading many terms are used to describe
the patterns that are formed or forming on a candle stick chart.
I found a candle stick package for R which is suppose to tell us what
pattern a candle is indicating based on price data. However the
package is available on GITHUB and a comprehensive help file is not
available (at least I could not find it). As a result I am not able to
work out how to use the various functions in the package.
So the second issue I seek a solution of is how to use R to interpret
the candle stick patterns or more simply how to use the candle stick
package.
Regards,
Faiz.