[BlindRUG] What's wrong with this data set? Why is R recognizing the Y variable but not the X variable?

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Thu Jan 7 20:16:42 UTC 2021

Hello Amy,

This is the sort of question that is much better sorted out in person rather than waiting for the email world to wake up.

I suspect the problem is the way the data is imported. Get into the habit of checking what the variable names are and what data type they come in as using str()
In this situation, my first guess is that the first column of the original file is being used as the row labels for the data instead of being one of the two variables of a dataset that should have no data labels.

HTH
Jonathan